Passive Voice (Kalimat Pasif) adalah kalimat yang subject-nya dikenai suatu pekerjaan atau menderita suatu. Dengan kata lain subject kalimat tersebut menjadi sasaran kegiatan yang dinyatakan oleh kata kerja. Dalam bahasa indonesia ciri-ciri kalimat pasif adalah kata kerjanya yang berawalan dengan “di-“ dan beberapa lagi memiliki awalan “ter-“ (tergantung pada konteks kalimat).
Active Voice (Kalimat Aktif) adalah kalimat yang subject-nya berbuat sesuatau atau melakukan suatu pekerjaan. Dalam bahasa indonesia ciri-ciri kalimat aktif adalah kata kerjanya selalu berawalan “me-“ dan beberapa lagi memiliki awalan “ber-“.
Bentuk dari Passive Voice (kalimat pasif) adalah : TO BE / BE + VERB 3
Dalam bentuk kalimat pasif, biasanya diikuti dengan frase “by”.
Betuk active voice = Subject (yang melakukan aksi) + verb + object (yang menerima aksi )
Bentuk passive voice = subject (menerima perlakuan) + auxaliry verb + past participle + object(melakukan perlakuan)
- Simple Present
Aktif : S + V1 + O
Pasif : O + tobe + V3
- I eat that cake. => That cake is eatean (by me).
- She breaks the vase. => The vase is broken (by her).
*kata dalam kurung boleh digunakan atau tidak.
- Present Future
Aktif : S + will + V1 + O
Pasif : O + Will + be + V3
- I will do the homework. => The homework will be done (by me).
- My boss will accept my plan. => My plan will be accepted (by my boss).
- Present Perfect
Aktif : S + Have/Has + V3 + O
Pasif : O + Have/Has + been + V3
- You have taken the pencil. => The pencil has been taken (by you).
- He has written a letter. => A letter has been written (by him).
- Present Continuous
Aktif : S + tobe + V-ing + O
Pasif : O + tobe + being + V3
- They are destroying that big building. => That big building is being destroyed.
- He is eating a huge cake. => A huge cake is being eaten.
- Present Future Perfect
Aktif : S + Will + Have + V3 + O
Pasif : O + Will + Have + been + V3
- We will have finished all the tasks. => All the tasks will have been finished (by us).
- Next month, he will have finished his paper. => Next month, his paper will have been finished (by him).
- Present Future Continuous
Aktif : S + Will + Have + been + V-ing
Pasif : O + Will + Have + been + being + V3
- I will have been cooking the dinner soon. => The dinner will have been being cooked soon (by me).
- I’m sure my boss will have been firing me. => I’m sure I will have been being fired (by my boss).
- Present Perfect Continuous
Aktif : S + Have/Has + been + V-ing + O
Pasif : O + Have/Has + been + being + V3
- I have been fixing your phone. => Your phone has been being fixed (by me).
- She has been eating all cakes. => All cakes have been being eaten (by her).
- Present Future Perfect Continuous
Aktif : S + Will + Have + been + V-ing + O
Pasif : O + Will + Have + been + being + V3
- They will have been killing me. => I will have been being killed (by them).
- She will have been telling me the truth. => The truth will have been being told (by her).
Ubah ke passive sentences !
- He will change the answer -> The answer will be changed by him
- Somebody has invited you to dinner tomorrow evening -> you have been invited to dinner tomorrow evening by somebody
- He took the medicine -> the medicine was taken by him
- People make Honda in japan -> Honda is made in Japan by people
- He hurt his leg in the accident -> His leg was hurt in the accident by him
- Will she write the letter ? -> will the letter be written by her?
- She does not write th letter -> the letter is not written by her
- Someone has broken two of my dinner plates -> Two of my dinner plates have been broken by someone
- People formerly used the tower of London as a prison -> the tower of London was formerly used as a person by people
- People built this bridge about five years ago -> this bridge was built about five years ago by people
- Ubah ke active sentences !
- This plant had been watered by her for 5 minutes when I got here -> She had watered this plant for 5 minutes when I got here
- They would be being met by him -> He would be meeting them
- They were met by him yesterday -> He met them yesterday
- They will have been met by him before I get there tomorrow -> He will have met them before I get there tomorrow.
- They will have been met by him before I get there tomorrow.-> He will have met them before I get there tomorrow.
- This sort of advertisement is seen everywhere.-> One sees this sort of advertisement everywhere.
- They would be being met by him.-> He would be meeting them
- My husband would have been climbing the wall.-> The wall would have been being climbed (by my husband).
- My wife would have been driving the car. – > The car would have been being driven (by my wife).
- My cat had been eating your fish.-> Your fish had been being eaten (by my cat).